Friday 24 July 2020

Congratulations! News from Nicky, Andrew and Harry

News for Davnob

Our son Harry has just graduated from Leeds University with a 2.1 in Business Management with Marketing. To say I am proud is an understatement - that boy always delivers!



An anecdote as well -During lockdown Harry suggested a Cocktail Evening. He had an app on his phone where you put in all the drinks you have in the cabinet (which is quite a few) and the app suggests various cocktails. We started the evening at 8 p.m.sat around the breakfast bar. By 1.30 a.m. Andrew decided to go to bed but Harry and I kept on drinking cocktails. About 2.30 a.m I was cocktailed out so we moved to the lounge where I had a brandy and Harry a whisky and kept on talking. I suddenly realised that dawn was breaking and I had been up all night! We ended the evening walking across to the field just opposite us and watched the sun rise. A really magical moment and one I will always remember. At 68 I didn't think I would be capable of staying up all night and drinking cocktails and miraculously I didn't have a hangover the next day although how I escaped is a miracle.

Evidence attached!  (see photo above)

I hope all is well at your end.

Love

Nicky x

3 comments:

  1. WELL DONE - CONGRATS HARRY ON A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT - (AND THE 2.1 WAS PRETTY GOOD TOO!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin writes: Mazeltov, Harry, and as your great grandfather might have said, 'Groys eyniki,* thy hand has not lost its cunning!' *Yiddish for great grandson according to Rabbi Google.
    Martin x

    ReplyDelete